Soccer is a team sport played with a spherical ball between two teams of eleven players. It is played by 250 million players in over 200 countries and dependencies, making it the world’s most popular sport. The game is played on a rectangular field called a pitch with a goal at each end. The object of the game is to score by moving the ball beyond the goal line into the opposing goal.
Soccer is played in accordance with a set of rules known as the Laws of the game.
- increases aerobic capacity and cardiovascular health.
- lowers body fat and improves muscle tone.
- builds strength, flexibility and endurance.
- increases muscle and bone strength.
- improves health due to shifts between walking, running and sprinting.